Belfast Disabled Facilities
Facilities for Those with Special Needs
Belfast Airport tries to ensure their disabled passengers are able to travel as comfortably and hassle free as possible.
Facilities for disabled travellers include:
- Low level kerbs at terminal entrance and exit
- One level access to all terminal facilities
- Lifts between departures and arrivals
- Use of airport wheelchairs throughout the terminal
- Porters are trained in assisting mobility-impaired passengers
- Low level telephones
- Disabled toilets on both floors, including Changing Places facilities on the Ground Floor near check in
- Minicom at information desk
- Information desk staff have basic sign language skills
There are 16 dedicated spaces in the short stay car park, 10 in the main stay car park and 26 in the holiday car park.
Disabled passengers receive main stay rates in the short stay car park. Passengers with a disabled sticker who are parked in the short stay car park should take their ticket to barrier at the exit of the short stay car park and press the button for assistance.
If possible assistance should be arranged in advance, preferably with your airline at the time of booking your tickets. Airport Services Staff can provide assistance until your check-in is complete, at which time your airline will ensure that you are taken to the departure lounge and assisted with boarding.
Tips for Disabled Air Passengers
You should compare the arrangements offered by different airlines before making your booking and be sure to check whether the cost of any special assistance is included in the price of your ticket.
Inform your airline of your particular needs in good time and check the policy of your airline if you wish to remain in your own wheelchair to the aircraft door rather than transfer to an airline wheelchair at check-in.
Remember that there are often long walking distances within airports and that this may cause you to require assistance. Pre-arranging any necessary assistance will ensure that it's available and that no time is lost in waiting for it to be arranged once you arrive at the airport.